Color Flow Won't Dry??? Help

Baking By hugs28 Updated 17 Feb 2010 , 11:35pm by TexasSugar

hugs28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hugs28 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 7

I did cookies yesterday and used the color flow on them last night. They are still not dry to package. I tried putting them in the freezer and nothing.

Any suggestions on getting it to thoroughly dry? or something else I could try?

they were made to look like the heart candies, so I was trying to do 4 different colors, so I need something I can do with 4 different colors and will work on cold cookies. thanks

6 replies
cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 7

Things won't dry in the freezer or refrigerator. A slightly warm oven (turn it to the lowest temperature setting for a minute and then turn it off) or under a desk lamp is a better option.

hugs28 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 7

thanks, I will try that now. How long do you suggest leaving them in for?

cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 7

You're welcome; it depends on the humidity where you are...sometimes things set up quickly and other times, they take forevvvver icon_lol.gif

hugs28 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 5:59pm
post #5 of 7

figures lol, I need these to be ready to go to the school by 2pm lol. I left them in about 5-10 minutes or so and just took them out. I am in NJ, we have a ton of snow, not sure what the humidity in the house is. Though we have forced hot air heat, so it sucks out the humidity lol. I hope I can start to package them within half hour. thanks for the info though

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 7:59pm
post #6 of 7

i you have a desk lamp you can put it over the cookies. it will help to dry it. the humidity in your area will keep the icing from drying totally too. the freezer will also keep it from drying.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:35pm
post #7 of 7

Did you leave them sitting out over night to dry or did you cover them up with something that would keep air from them?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%