Which Shoe Cutter Is Better ..steven Bennison Or Jem?

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 14 Feb 2010 , 2:03am by sweetiesbykim

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 5

I want to invest in a shoe cutter set but would like some input on which set is better.Steven Bennison's is quite expensive so I thought I would ask from those who have purchased either set.Pros and cons...

Thanks icon_wink.gif

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 5

for the price difference i would go with the jem cutter, it seems they make about the same size shoe, but i could be reading that wrong.

I have the jem shoe cutter, and it makes a nice high heal not life size but a nice little topper.

Auntie_RaRa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auntie_RaRa Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 12:26am
post #3 of 5

I have only the JEM shoe cutter set and also a cutter set for different shoe tops. I have both a small and life shoe mold. JEM is fine for small shoes for smaller cakes. I tried to free hand a regular shoe, but that didn't turn out well for me so at convention I broke down and got the shoe mold set from petal crafts. Still playing around with it and hope to post in a few weeks.

lisamenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisamenz Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 12:54am
post #4 of 5

I really like the Steve one, because it came with great instructions and was easy to do. I bought mine at Convention in Orlando. It might be a little bit more expensive, but worth it. thumbs_up.gif Good luck.

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 2:03am
post #5 of 5

I've found the patterns for all the pieces to cut out on CC, but I need a good former for the sole arch and for under the straps. I don't like the JEM heel mold -it's too thick and short. Not wild about the big stitch lines in the cutter, either.
I'd like more of a tall and thin heel, to make some designer look-a-likes. I tried hand molding one, but it's too difficult to get even!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%