Flower Arranging/cascading Flowers On Tiered Cake

Decorating By dalis4joe Updated 12 Feb 2010 , 10:00pm by weirkd

dalis4joe Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 6

anyone knows or has a tutorial on flower arrangements? I need to do a cake with flowers from top to bottom on a 4 tiered cake and I am ot too good on arranging them, any help would be appreciated

5 replies
dogwood Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 6

I would just look on the cake gallery to get ideas. Also, the general rule of thumb if your doing groups of flowers is to use odd numbers (i.e. 3 flowers, 5 flowers, 7 flowers, etc.). Hope this helps. Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

egensinnig Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 6

Alan Dunn has a great book - Arranging sugar flowers
I don't have it myself but I've heard a lot of people praise it

Donnagardner Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 6:45pm
post #4 of 6

Go to jenniferdontz.com. Jennifer Dontz sells a DVD that is about flower arranging on cakes. She has great products. She is JenniferMI on here.

Rusti Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 6

I second Jennifer's DVD, she has some great ideas.

weirkd Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 10:00pm
post #6 of 6

I have the book from Alan Dunn and although I admire his work, I do not care for this book. If your looking for something that is going to tell you how to, this book is not it. It does cover what flowers to make to put into an arrangement, including fillers and some how to's on those but nothing that I think really tells a newbie how to arrange.
Now I have Jennifer's dvd. It does cover three different projects on how to actually arrange and what flowers to use and not to mention a list of the cutters she uses. Then she also includes some ways you can use them on a cake. The dvd is very cheap and gives you a lot of knowledge for your money!
Now for more intense floral arranging I suggest a community course or something to that aspect. Depends on how much you want to get into it and how much you want to spend. But definetly the dvd for a newbie!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%