Mousseline Buttercream In Summer

Decorating By Bfisher2 Updated 12 Feb 2010 , 7:46pm by Bfisher2

Bfisher2 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 5:23am
post #1 of 4

I have been doing some reading on other sites tonight and people were talking about mousseline buttercream.
It was not a profesional site, nor did I find alot of the people on there overly experienced, mostly just loving moms making simple cakes for the family....
so the reviews on this recipe were very mixed.......

have any of you used mousseline as a filling and scratch coat under fondant, in the summer, and what were the results... any sagging, buldging, etc etc.....

anybody???? icon_smile.gif

3 replies
KitchenKat Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 10:43am
post #2 of 4

I live in the hot and humid tropics and before i discovered ganache under fondant, mousseline was all i ever used. It held up perfectly. However i worked in air conditioned kitchens and the cakes were served at air conditioned venues.

crazyladybaker Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 11:39am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitchenKat

I live in the hot and humid tropics and before i discovered ganache under fondant, mousseline was all i ever used. It held up perfectly. However i worked in air conditioned kitchens and the cakes were served at air conditioned venues.

I can't wait to try the ganache methed. I keep seeing people post this.
Do you have any tips or advice to share on it?
Thanks

Bfisher2 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 4

KitchenKat..... so do you think the key to it being stable is that the sugar suryp is cooked to hard ball stage instead of softball, like some of the other meriangue buttercreams?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%