Survivor!

Lounge By AverageMom Updated 3 Mar 2010 , 1:34am by Angfastic

AverageMom Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 4:56am
post #1 of 22

Does anyone else watch Survivor? I admit, I'm totally addicted. I was pretty sure Richard Hatch was going to be on this season....did anyone else think that?!

21 replies
chelleb1974 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 9:27am
post #2 of 22

I am also totally addicted to it too!!! Glad to know I'm not the only one!

I read somewhere that they asked Richard Hatch to be on it, but because he's still serving time (probation maybe?), he had to petition the government for permission to leave the country, and they turned him down.

Tonight's 2-hr premiere was great! Can't wait to see what next week brings!

AverageMom Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 22

I was sure I'd seen Richard in some of the pre-season lists. But, clearly, I was wrong. At any rate, that was amazing!!! It's a completely different game with these people...they know what they are doing, and the focus!!

chelleb1974 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 22

CBS did a "Surviving Survivor" 10yr recap show last week (and I think they are re-running it tonight at icon_cool.gif, and Richard was in that. From what I saw last week it was a great show, and a small tease to make waiting for this week even harder! I missed some of the 10yr recap show so I may watch it again tonight.

I totally agree, it's going to be a much different, tougher game this time! I can't believe so many people got hurt in the first reward challenge. It's probably a sign of things to come, especially if there is head-to-head combat between the two tribes.

~Chelle

kikibakes Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 22

im so addicted! it should be a great season! icon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 8:00pm
post #6 of 22

We here in Indy are, of course, Rupert fans!

bakincakin Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 8:49pm
post #7 of 22

I LOVE that show.....my 10 year old daughter is addicted to it too.

chelleb1974 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 9:10pm
post #8 of 22

Rupert is awesome! I have loved him since he was on the first time! I can't believe he (they) broke his toe!!! That was awful!

peg818 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 9:14pm
post #9 of 22

Well, its going to be an interesting season. But i do think that the villains need to tone it down a bit. They really don't need to go hurting the others like that. I was appalled at that one girl yelling to brake Stephanie's shoulder, come on folks it is a game.

BTW: Been a Rupert fan since the pearl islands

poohsmomma Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 9:29pm
post #10 of 22

I'm on a fantasy survivor team online, and my password is "Rupert Rules". I couldn't believe after that separated shoulder, she went right on as if nothing had happened. Really wish the "heroes" had won so they could get rid of Russell!

cakesbycathy Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 1:02am
post #11 of 22

I read that actually it was Richard Hatch that asked to go back on the show again and he was turned down.

Dh and I have watched every. single. episode. since the first one. It's our standing Thursday night date. We are die hard Survivor fans. icon_smile.gif

melodyscakes Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 8:08pm
post #12 of 22

I think they will vote Russle out pretty fast, because they know his game. I am so excited about this season!!! Colby is who I am cheering for, good grief he is a cutie pie! icon_smile.gif I think they will get tired of "dragon slayer" too, he just gets more annoying as the minutes pass. Rupert is cool, but I like Boston Rob a bit better.
wow, this season is great!!! glad Richard Hatch is not on, he's ego is way too big.

kakeladi Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 11:29pm
post #13 of 22

That was quite a scare w/Rob last night! From the previews I thought sure he would end up being medically off.
Love, love this show and amazing race.

Otter Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 11:42pm
post #14 of 22

This show drives me absolutely nuts! I hate watching and knowing who should be going home and then they send someone else home!

I absolutely hate that Russell! I cannot believe that he is setting such a good example for his children.

Hubby watches this show every time it is on. I play the computer and try to ignore since I get so worked up that nobody seems to be able to see what is going on.

I also think that once Richard Hatch refused to pay his taxes on his winnings once, that he is ineligible to win anything else and he will be disqualified from game shows from now on.

indydebi Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 11:56pm
post #15 of 22

When we were watching Russell the first time he was ever on Survivor, hubby and I kept asking ourselves .... "This guy runs his own company. Can you imagine WORKING for this dude!?" icon_eek.gif Run, FOrrest, Run! icon_lol.gif

Otter Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 12:02am
post #16 of 22

Hubby and I have decided that he does not actually "run" the company, but has a manager who does it for him.

ATCakes Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 2:20am
post #17 of 22

But Russell is the greatest one to ever play the game!!! NOT!! It got him really far in the game, but he didn't win. Now he is doing the same thing. How stupid is that, especially with his strategy so fresh in everyone's minds. What a Jerk. And he can't even see he is being played by Parvati!! Legend in his own mind??

chelleb1974 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 2:27am
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCakes

But Russell is the greatest one to ever play the game!!! NOT!! It got him really far in the game, but he didn't win. Now he is doing the same thing. How stupid is that, especially with his strategy so fresh in everyone's minds. What a Jerk. And he can't even see he is being played by Parvati!! Legend in his own mind??

I don't think that the people on with Russell the second time know how he played the first time. This season was taped before last season aired on tv.

~Chelle

Otter Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 10:52pm
post #19 of 22

I juat find it hard to believe that anyone could act like that toward anybody for any reason. I also find it hard to believe that he can get awasy with it. Don't these people talk among themselves?

Angfastic Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 5:02am
post #20 of 22

Chelle is correct, they filmed this season right after Russell's original season so no one has seen his gameplay. Richard Hatch wasn't allowed to travel out of the US which is why he was not included.

There is a site I've been going to for years which has the bootlist and tons of spoilers. I won't reveal the winner icon_smile.gif.

melodyscakes Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 9:01pm
post #21 of 22

what is this site with all the secrete info? I'd love to go check it out!!!!

melody

Angfastic Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 1:34am
post #22 of 22

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/forums/65

They have been right on point the past few seasons.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%