Bridal Fair Sample Flavors

Business By pish Updated 15 Feb 2010 , 1:17am by pish

pish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pish Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 1:16am
post #1 of 7

Hi!

I've decided to do our areas largest (and only) bridal fair this year and like any good bakery would have decided to do samples.

Now, I've decided to do just vanilla and chocolate cake (1x1x1") with SMBC but when I get to fillings I flip-flop between about a thousand ideas. No filling, 1 filling, 1 for each flavor of cake, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc. you get the idea. I want to show range or variety yet I don't want people to be taking 1 of each flavor. My booth is right down from the "Groom's Corner" - I'll run out of samples before noon!

So, my question is how many different filling options are reasonable or have you found to be a good mix? Any and all suggestions welcome and thanks!

6 replies
TitiaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TitiaM Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 1:32am
post #2 of 7

I would just do one filling for the chocolate and one filling for the vanilla. It's really just for people to decide whether or not they like your type of baking. You can show your variety in your brochures. icon_smile.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 2:03am
post #3 of 7

I personally would stick with one flavor of cake, unless you plan on only serving one at a time. If you have two flavors out at the same time, people will take twice as much and you'll run out sooner than you expect.

I tend to keep it relatively basic for shows, but with a twist, like instead of chocolate with fudge filling I'll do chocolate Bailey's with a chocolate truffle filling.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 7

i usually offer 5 flavors. guess I'm a little overkill. works though. I always do a twist- lemon poppy with raspberry, italian cream cake, chocolate with amaretto.
Something different than the 5-7 other cake booths at the show.

kellymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellymarie Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 3:47pm
post #5 of 7

I've done 2 shows- and both times i did a cupcake tower (the wilton tall tiers stand) with minicupcakes in chocolate, vanilla, and Lemon (my three most popular flavors) that mini cupcakes are easy to make and they way they can have one of each without me going broke! People love it because it's not too much- it is a sample afterall, and it looks pretty. If i can find a picture i'll attach one to you get the idea. One year i did my chocolate guinness in little favor boxes mainly for grooms and thet went over well icon_smile.gif

p.s if you have one of those small ice cream scoops that have the handle you squeeze (i am unsure of what #- it's a teeny bit bigger than a melon baller) that works really well to get it done fast!

Best of luck have a great show!!

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 3:47am
post #6 of 7

For the last show I did I baked 4 flavors. I didn't do fillings. I actually cut 1x1 in samples and put them in those little condiment cups and put my business label on them. That way once the brides got to me but were full from the other food they could take a sample home with them. It was just a bite of cake but was a huge hit with the brides.

pish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pish Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 1:17am
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone! I have a pretty good ide a of what I'm going to do and Jenn2179 that is EXACTLY what I'm going to do with my samples! I can't wait and thanks again for all the suggestions!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%