Can Anyone Recommend A Good Flowers Dvd?

Decorating By mskavon Updated 12 Feb 2010 , 11:38pm by Sugarflowers

mskavon Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 7

i'm trying to learn gumpaste flowers and such, but i really don't have time to go to a class. Can anyone recommend a good DVD?

6 replies
bashini Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 7

Hi, Michele Foster's Blooming Garden. Here is the link,

Nicholas Lodger's DVDs are great too. Here is the link.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 7

Tonedna has a couple of specific flower DVDs available as well -- one for the stargazer lily and another for a poinsettia.

BJ Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 7

If roses are your game - you just HAVE to look at this website:
She has the best dvd/video for roses. I took a class from her when she came up to CT and bought her dvd - she also includes gumpaste bows that are awesome in her tutorial so you get 2 techniques that are the best. When you get to her home page - in the bottom right corner you'll see a section for her videos (just click on that). Really awesome! Good luck.

KimAZ Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 11:22pm
post #5 of 7

I haven't seen the DVD yet myself but Jennifer Dontz does outstanding flowers and has a new DVD out called Fabulous Floral Arranging on Cakes.

Check out her website at :

sweetiesbykim Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 11:33pm
post #6 of 7

I only have 2, and they are Nicholas Lodge's "Peony and Gardenia", and "French Style Decorating" which includes a small french tulip bouquet. He is EXTREMELY detailed, shows every shot(no editing), and explains exactly what size and color everything is that he's using. It's so detailed and smooth-going, that it took me a few times of viewing to watch the whole thing, as I kept falling asleep! But seriously, I can't recommend them enoughicon_smile.gif

Sugarflowers Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 11:38pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you bashini for mentioning my DVD.

mskavon, in my DVD I show how to make roses, carnations, blossoms, baby's breath, rose leaves, a striped bow, a ruffle, and how to make a display. It's $20. I also sell a veining tool on my site - - that is used throughout the video.

Quote by @%username% on %date%