Ball For 5Petal Rose Cutter

Decorating By THECAKEPLACE Updated 12 Feb 2010 , 3:21pm by dogwood

THECAKEPLACE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THECAKEPLACE Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 7

How big of a ball do I have to make for a 5 petal rose cutter? Does it have t be a shaped like a ball or an egg? Didn;t Buddy from cake boss use styro foam balls on food networks challenge? please help

6 replies
jodibug0975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jodibug0975 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 7

There are many sizes of 5 petal cutters. The cone shape size will depend on which size cutter you are using.

My JEM cutters tell you right on them how tall to make the cone.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 7

I just tried using ball shaped suckers as the rose centres. They worked great and I didn't have to add any wire because they already had the stick. If you are making your own centre I think they are about 3/4 the diameter and height of 1 petal. Jelly beans also work. They come in different sizes.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 10:56pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by THECAKEPLACE

How big of a ball do I have to make for a 5 petal rose cutter? Does it have t be a shaped like a ball or an egg? Didn;t Buddy from use styro foam balls on food networks challenge? please help

Generally the cone is as tall as one petal. YOu can purchase styorfoam rose cones. The advantage to the styrofoam cone is that you don't have to wait for them to dry and they are must lighter than a GP cone, so the flower is not so heavy.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 1:08am
post #5 of 7

If you are using wire with you rgp centres, heat the wire in a flame and stick it into the gp. The centre is ready to use immediately.

Kellycreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellycreations Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 1:22am
post #6 of 7

If you plan on going with foam centers Rose foam centers are great but can be pricey. I have used the same size foam balls and they work just as well.

dogwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogwood Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 3:21pm
post #7 of 7

You can also use Hershey's Kisses for the center.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%