Cake Seperators

Decorating By pieceofcake20 Updated 11 Feb 2010 , 6:16pm by JanH

pieceofcake20 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 5

I have a client requesting her tiers to be floating. I have seen cakes where it looks like each tier is seperated by a block that's covered in fondant to match the cake. Does anyone know how this is done?

4 replies
pieceofcake20 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 5

pinkcakebox has a bunch of cakes done with this technique in their wedding gallery. some seperators are round and others are square.

leah_s Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 5

"Floating" is the of the style where each cake is on a separate stand, like the Crystal Splendor stand.

pieceofcake20 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:20pm
post #4 of 5

i guess i used the wrong terminology. she wants space in between. I think she would go for this. she's looking for more height.

JanH Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 6:16pm
post #5 of 5

Wilton tailored tiers separators:

I've also seen this style with square separators.


Quote by @%username% on %date%