Making A Lid For Heart Cake

Decorating By RetiredNavyChief Updated 11 Feb 2010 , 10:13pm by sadsmile

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 7

okay i have a problem. my fondant and butter cream red color do not match. I am making a heart cake with a lid and what i have done in the past was make the lid with fondant and the rest of the cake buttercream. I just thought it looked funny. Any ideas on what i can do?

6 replies
FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 7

Do you have enough fondant to cover the bottom of the cake as well? Or try playing with the coloring to get them to match.

RetiredNavyChief Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 7

Yes, i can do the whole cake, but dont know if the custom would like it. I can add more red to the fondant. Thank you for your reply

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 7

Also, depending on when you colored the fondant, it may just need to set with the color. Red coloring in fondant deepens quite a bit when left to rest.

RetiredNavyChief Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 7:19pm
post #5 of 7

Yes, i can do the whole cake, but dont know if the custom would like it. I can add more red to the fondant. Thank you for your reply

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 9:39pm
post #6 of 7

Do you have an airbrush? Maybe you can spray both parts to even out the color before decorations are added? Or even the canned spray to even it out a bit?

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 10:13pm
post #7 of 7

Or do modeled black or gold on just the lid to make it fancy, then it doesn't have to perfectly match.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%