Cream Filling?

Decorating By cherrycakes Updated 16 Feb 2010 , 1:10pm by cherrycakes

cherrycakes Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 3

I have a request for chocolate cake and cream and am having a hard time deciding what I should make. I have already made the Amazing Chocolate WASC cake and am thinking either white chocolate mousse or white chocolate ganache for the filling.

Ideally, I would like to cover the cake with the same flavour before putting white chocolate fondant on (MFF). I am also wondering about SMBC - could I use that for the filling and crumb coat?

I will be embossing the fondant when it's on the cake so the icing layer needs to be soft enough to do that. Any thoughts or suggestions for the best taste and ease of doing this?

2 replies
JanH Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 6:23am
post #2 of 3

I'm not particularly enamored of white chocolate, but I would enjoy a white chocolate mousse more than a white chocolate ganache filling. thumbs_up.gif

Haven't used SMBC so I can't help there. icon_sad.gif

You can cover the cake in ganache before applying the fondant:

cherrycakes Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 1:10pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks Jan! You know, I'm not entirely convinced about white chocolate either. However, I did make the cake - two thin layers of white chocolate ganache and one thicker layer of dark chocolate ganache. The dark chocolate was amazing! I also just went with French Vanilla buttercream and then white chocolate fondant. Every last crumb was eaten so I think it was okay icon_smile.gif Thanks again for your thoughts! I always appreciate the huge amount of advice and links that you give on this site!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%