Can You Use Ganache Inside Of A Fondont Covered Cake?

Decorating By mom2my3girlz Updated 11 Feb 2010 , 10:53am by sheena

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:37am
post #1 of 5

Can you refrigerate a fondont cake with chocolate genache filling? how to avoid oozing?

4 replies
sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:56am
post #2 of 5

I only use ganache under fondant and never refrigerate after covering with fondant - you'll probably find and your fondant will go very soft and slimy after being in the fridge.

egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 9:04am
post #3 of 5

I refridgerate them ALL the time and have never had a problem. I cover them on friday and leave them uncovered in the fridge until saturday afternoon.
My fridge is very modern and the environment is dry inside - I guess it would be different with an older fridge that doen't handle condensation as well.
And also to not cover it. It needs to be left without a box or such so teh air can circulate.
And not have sliced garlic, onions or anything else smelly int there!

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 9:40am
post #4 of 5

i just did one, chcoclate ganache with mmf fondant.. turned out fine! i had it the fridge for about 1 & a half days? didnt really get any condensation! but then i didnt give the cake a chance to heat up too much as it had a strawberry mouse filling..

sheena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheena Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 10:53am
post #5 of 5

Pipe a icing dam to prevent oozing or make your ganache thicher. I have left a ganache filled, fondant covered cake out at room temp for 24 -30 hours without any spoilage.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%