What Size Cupcake Pan For Hamburger Cupcakes?

Baking By mskavon Updated 15 Feb 2010 , 11:38pm by surgery2

mskavon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mskavon Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:16am
post #1 of 13

should i use the jumbo pan or the regular cupcake pan? i know that i could use either, but in your opinion, what worked best for you?

Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

12 replies
cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 3:00am
post #2 of 13

I haven't made them, but I'm anxious to see what is best. I know you need to keep in mind for the brownie or choc. cake "hamburger", so that takes up some size.

nicoles0419 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles0419 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 3:08am
post #3 of 13

i used the regualr sizr cupcake pan but didnt fill it all the way, just like half way with batter

kikibakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikibakes Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 13

I want to make those! Please post pics when you are done! icon_smile.gif

cownsj Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 13

I first saw them posted by cookiemamma2. I fell in love with the idea. We've made giant 10" cheeseburgers, but these little ones are so adorable. Here is her link to see them in case you want an idea of how they look. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1418823
In the meantime mskavon, please post your pics after you make them. I'm hoping to do a baking activities class for the kids in our community and this is a project I want to include for them. I think they'll have tons of fun making these. (and the french fries)

mskavon Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 6:37pm
post #6 of 13

i saw those too. that's where i got the idea from. the customer wanted plain cupcakes. i told them that they could get plain cupcakes from the local supermarket (lol) and then asked if she would mind if i did something different? the rest is history. i'm looking at alot of the hamburger cupcakes and noticing that the "cheese" is made of fondant? the burger is chocolate cake or brownies? and i think that i'm just going to play it simple with "ketchup" and "mustard".

i'm going to do the burger and fries for my stepdaughter's bday. i think that idea is so cute!

cownsj Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 11:50pm
post #7 of 13

I can't imagine she and everyone else won't absolutely love those cupcakes. They are different and adorable and loads of fun. I kinda like the idea of brownies for burger part.

mskavon Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 1:18am
post #8 of 13

here they are. they came out better than what i expected but i'm still not completely pleased. the customer loved them tho! icon_smile.gif

i used a leaf tip for the lettuce, tip 2 for the ketchup and mustard. i didnt go with the brownie for the "meat", just regular chocolate cake. i think i'm gong to try the brownie for the next go around.

they were surprisingly easy AND fast to make. took about 1 hour to decorate (after baking).

cownsj Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:29am
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskavon

here they are. they came out better than what i expected but i'm still not completely pleased. the customer loved them tho! icon_smile.gif

i used a leaf tip for the lettuce, tip 2 for the ketchup and mustard. i didnt go with the brownie for the "meat", just regular chocolate cake. i think i'm gong to try the brownie for the next go around.

they were surprisingly easy AND fast to make. took about 1 hour to decorate (after baking).

You forgot to add the picture or the link. I'm anxious to see them. So glad to hear both you and your customer are happy with them.

sew4children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sew4children Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:40am
post #10 of 13

I made them last year for both of my daughters' year end picnics and they were a HUGE success. I have made many things since, but the kids still remember the hamburgers.

I used regular sized cupcakes for mine.

Good Luck!

mskavon Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 11:44pm
post #11 of 13

it won't let me add a pic icon_sad.gif says its too big. i'll try to resize it

cownsj Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 11:49pm
post #12 of 13

You can upload onto the site here, then put the link to that in a post.

surgery2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surgery2 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 11:38pm
post #13 of 13

I bake a brownie , then smoosh it up when cool, add a bit of chocolate icing to hold it together, then shap them into patties to just fit outside the area of the horizontally cut cupcake, then use MMF for cheese and lettuce leafs, BC mustard and ketchup and mayo, then I brush tops of cupcake "bun" with a small amout of simple syrup , then shake on a few sesame seeds, which makes an actual "bun" look.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%