Need An Off-White (Antique White) Frosting Recipe

Baking By ThreePrinces Updated 10 Feb 2010 , 7:47pm by sadsmile

ThreePrinces Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there,

Hoping someone here can help me. I have a wedding cake coming up in May...I'm nervous! I just spoke to the mother of the bride and she expressed a desire to have the cake not be "fakey white" like you get with fondant.

The bride will be coming over to taste frostings in a few weeks and I need some ideas! My all-butter buttercream turns out off white because of the butter, but I need some other recipes so that she can try a variety. HELP!!!

Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

4 replies
sadsmile Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 5

Use real vanilla and a tiny drop of brown color.

TexasSugar Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 5

If your icing is already off white I wouldn't go searching for a new recipe. You should use what you know and feel comfortable with.

As Sarah said, if you don't already use real vanilla it will give your icing an ivory color. There is also an ivory color paste color as well.

ThreePrinces Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 5

Oh wow, didn't know that tip! I've always just used the clear vanilla..didn't think about the brown tinge of real vanilla.

I except that she'll like my typical buttercream, her mom said she wants everything very traditional and classic. However they did want to try some different flavorings so I was hoping some of you may have some ideas!

sadsmile Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 7:47pm
post #5 of 5

Wedding bouquet, cream bouquet, almond, something with liquor like Frangelico or Amaretto or if make a merenge BC try brown sugar, maybe caramel...?

Quote by @%username% on %date%