Tappits

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 11 Feb 2010 , 6:15am by lardbutt

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 7

Im new to the tappits, and was wondering if you can use them on BC and also how in the world do you use them. The ones i have are all connected. I havent used them yet cause they look complacated.(Hope that's spelled right)
Thank You

6 replies
lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 7

Those are made for gumpaste or fondant cutouts. I don't see how you could use them on buttercream, but if you can, maybe someone will chime in and tell us. If you go on Youtube and search how to use tappits....the most wonderful resources will pop up. That's how I learned to use mine!
HTH

cakebaker1957 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lardbutt

Those are made for gumpaste or fondant cutouts. I don't see how you could use them on buttercream, but if you can, maybe someone will chime in and tell us. If you go on Youtube and search how to use tappits....the most wonderful resources will pop up. That's how I learned to use mine!
HTH

Thank You, i wasnt for sure on BC , Just wishing. I will go on YouTube tonight and see what i can find.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 7

Here's a thread that is currently going on about tappits. Hopefully that will help.

And I don't think there is anyway that you could use them on buttercream unless you just pushed it in. But the problem is that they look like rulers. You hold it vertically and it looks like this -

A
B
C
D
E, etc. So what happens is, if you push one letter into fondant, you're going to get another letter pushed into it as well. I think that would happen with buttercream as well.

www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-668466.html

lardbutt Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 1:08am
post #5 of 7

This link is a great one from Edna!

cakebaker1957 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:08am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lardbutt

This link is a great one from Edna!

Thank You, Thank You so informative, Now i know how to use them they have just been laying around cause i wasnt for sure how to use them(:

lardbutt Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 6:15am
post #7 of 7

You are welcome.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%