Sams Club Bc

Decorating By THECAKEPLACE Updated 23 Feb 2010 , 5:44pm by ttehan4

THECAKEPLACE Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 9

When I buy Sams clubs icing do I have to do anything to it before i use it? It seems a little stiff and doesent go on as easily as the chefs on television's do.....Do they add anything to theirs?

8 replies
TooMuchCake Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 12:46am
post #2 of 9

I love Sam's buttercream. Now that I've moved faaaaaaar away from a Sam's, I totally miss it. Some of their batches are a bit stiffer than others, but I don't do anything to it, I just use it out of the bucket. When I worked at the bakery all our icing was medium consistency so I'm used to working with icings that are on the stiff side. The TV chefs probably make their own icing the way they want it, and put it in their own buckets, I think.

The only times I "adjusted" the Sam's icing was if I needed it flavored, in which case I'd put it in my KA and add the flavoring and mix it, or one time I got a batch that had clumps in it and I mixed it to get the clumps to blend in.

Deanna

overindulged Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 1:49am
post #3 of 9

may i ask what kind of flavoring you use?

TooMuchCake Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 1:53am
post #4 of 9

I like the LoRan flavorings - mostly their champagne flavoring. One little bottle cap of champagne flavoring per three cups of buttercream. Awesome.

overindulged Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 1:57am
post #5 of 9

sounds yummy! thanks!

Mug-a-Bug Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 4:14pm
post #6 of 9

I've only used it once (YUCK!!!). To get it smooth you need to throw it in the mixer (fill it past the beater blade) and mix it up a few minutes. That should help it spread easier too. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

TooMuchCake Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 5:27pm
post #7 of 9

I'm sorry you had a bad batch. I used it for two years and had really good results.

Deanna

Mug-a-Bug Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 5:33pm
post #8 of 9

I don't think it was a bad batch, I think it just tastes yucky. But, that's just my opinion, maybe some people prefer that?

ttehan4 Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 5:44pm
post #9 of 9

I throw it in the KA and add a small amount of warm water till it is the consistance that I like. I have had some buckets stiffer than others.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%