Fancy Strawberry Shortcake

Decorating By Niki11784 Updated 11 Feb 2010 , 3:19am by prterrell

Niki11784 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niki11784 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 3:45am
post #1 of 4

Hi, I want to make my husband a three layer ( not tiers) strawberry shortcake, but I want to make it like a decorated cake, using whip cream instead of frosting. Do I need to use a pound cake recipe instead of my usual shortcake recipe? I am worried that the shortcake isnt sturdy enough to hold a nice shape. Any ideas? Or links to pretty strawberry shortcakes?

3 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 3:54am
post #2 of 4

Just now I put "strawberry shortcake dessert" into Google Images and lots of nice things came up....

You could use like an angel food cake or pound cake...I don't know about the biscuit type thing in a cake.... and then torte into thin layers and alternate with like mousse and fresh berries in each layer...then ice with a stabilized whipped cream and adorn with strawberries.

You can also make a yummy filling with strawberry cream cheese and marshmallow creme and then add strawberries and then ice with whipped cream.

Unless you use a nice thick mousse though you'd probably have to use some sort of icing to make a dam to hold the filling in.

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 4:15am
post #3 of 4

ANy type of nice vanilla cake would work well...one of my family & friends' favs is french vanilla cake w/strawberries and cream! YUM!!!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 3:19am
post #4 of 4

I use my standard vanilla butter cake for layered strawberry shortcake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%