Cricut Create $99

Decorating By learnincakes Updated 14 Feb 2010 , 12:17am by tiggy2

learnincakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learnincakes Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 13

I just saw an add for BigLots. Cricut Create for 99 dollars. Looks just like my expression.

12 replies
Donnabugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnabugg Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 2:19am
post #2 of 13

Wow! I've so been wanting one of these! That's a good price. What exactly would I need to buy with it to be up and running for gumpaste use? Is it just me or do the cartridges seem like a big rip off! icon_confused.gif I mean if you look at the price compared to some of the lame and limited symbols/letters/pictures included it seems so overpriced! jmo

taliascott Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taliascott Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 2:41am
post #3 of 13

The Create comes with one cartridge already and everything you need to start up except the deep cut blade which is only like $15 extra...the cartridges go on sale often and while you can get them for $35-45 most of the time you have to remember that you can use them over and over so tehy are really and investment. I have the create as well and i have 8 cartridges and they really pay for themselves if you only buy them as you need them. Also you can do more with the thne just what is on the outer package!!

Donnabugg Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 2:53am
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by taliascott

The Create comes with one cartridge already and everything you need to start up except the deep cut blade which is only like $15 extra...the cartridges go on sale often and while you can get them for $35-45 most of the time you have to remember that you can use them over and over so tehy are really and investment. I have the create as well and i have 8 cartridges and they really pay for themselves if you only buy them as you need them. Also you can do more with the thne just what is on the outer package!!

Oh, okay...well sounds better. I looked at the front of several different packages and thought I would only use a small number of what's shown. Thanks!

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 2:59am
post #5 of 13

I just bought a Cricut Expressions without a cartridge. Reading tonight on another site, I read that you have to have a cartridge in the machine if you are using the SCAL program. Can anyone tell me if that is the truth? If that's the case, I won't be able to use the machine when I get it even if I have the SCAL program.

Also, can someone tell me if you have to have a special "housing" for the deep cut blade is it just that blade that needs to be replaced?

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 3:04am
post #6 of 13

You do need a cartridge or you can't load the paper in the machine. And you do need the deep cut blade housing for the deep cut blade. They have decent prices at walmart.com and they ship to your local store for pickup for free.

I was able to get a snowflake cartridge for something like $20 at an online site....I think it was connected to amazon.

taliascott Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taliascott Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 3:07am
post #7 of 13

yes you do need the housing for the blade too.. the housing comes with a blade for $29.99 and 2 replacement blades are 14.99 at hobby lobby. as for the SCAL program i cant remeber but i know i googled it and found it easily...if i remember correctly, you only need one cartridge and you have access to the rest!

Donnabugg Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 3:17am
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by taliascott

Oh, okay...well sounds better. I looked at the front of several different packages and thought I would only use a small number of what's shown. Thanks!

bjm53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjm53 Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 11:05pm
post #9 of 13

Does anyone know where I can get a free scalloped pattern cupcake wrapper svg. pattern?
Thanks!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 11:25pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm53

Does anyone know where I can get a free scalloped pattern cupcake wrapper svg. pattern?
Thanks!

Someone posted one here a few days ago. Here's the link http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1578150

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 11:30pm
post #11 of 13

what is SCAL?
I Googled it and nothing came up.
I want to go pick up the Cricut at Biglots but I've heard about the SCAL program and want to know what it does before I spend the $$$

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 11:41pm
post #12 of 13

never mind, found it "Sure Cuts A Lot", google kept trying to give me "scale" instead of scal

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 12:17am
post #13 of 13

There is also a program called Make The Cut that is supppose to be easier to use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%