March Madness Ideas

Decorating By Sweet_Treats_1 Updated 10 Feb 2010 , 1:08am by Sweet_Treats_1

Sweet_Treats_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 4

I'am in desperate need of some ideas for a fund raiser that I have been asked to participate in. The theme of the fundraiser this year is "March Madness"( acc college basketball tournaments, if any one is not familiar with march madness) very big here in the south. All the participants will be given a booth in a gymnasium setting to sell items for the fundraiser. I need ideas for cookies, cakes, brownies, cake truffles, or chocolates. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated as I'am at a loss other than maybe basketball decorated cookies and truffles. The fund raiser is the 3rd week of March so I neeed to get the creative juices flowing quick. Thanks again for any help out there! The fundraiser is for a local Youth Girls Home btw.

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 4

I think basketball cookies and cake balls / truffles would be a big hit at an event like this.

Side Story: I have to confess how ignorant I was on March Madness. I had no idea it was a sports thing. My co-workers (I was in my 30's) were totally making fun of me because I didn't know anything about this big playoff thing. One said, "Have you never heard of March Madness?" I said, "Sure!! It's (local department store's) big spring sidwalk sale!"

Swear to god, I thought the dept store had coined the phrase for their big downtown sidewalk sale they held every spring! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I think basketball cookies and cake balls / truffles would be a big hit at an event like this.

Side Story: I have to confess how ignorant I was on March Madness. I had no idea it was a sports thing. My co-workers (I was in my 30's) were totally making fun of me because I didn't know anything about this big playoff thing. One said, "Have you never heard of March Madness?" I said, "Sure!! It's (local department store's) big spring sidwalk sale!"

Swear to god, I thought the dept store had coined the phrase for their big downtown sidewalk sale they held every spring! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

Indy I'm pretty sure my sis still thinks that's what it is and we live in the heart of some March Madness action (UNC, NCSU, Duke, WFU)...oh and she's in her 50's.

Sweet_Treats_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 1:08am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
That is tooo funny!!! Thanks for the ideas!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%