Refrigerating Fondant

Decorating By Lorabell Updated 9 Feb 2010 , 5:56pm by PinkZiab

Lorabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorabell Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 5

I know this topic has probably come up, but I can't find it. I have a cake with chocolate buttercream and chocolate mousse filling that needs to be refrigerated, but it has fondant shaped hearts on sucker sticks that will be coming out of the top. Will it hurt to put that in the frig?

Thanks for all help!
Lori

4 replies
djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 5

They might sag, but if you let them harden up first, you'd probably be ok for 24-36 hrs or so...
Another thought: what about making chocolate heart lollies? They would hold up perfectly fine... icon_smile.gif

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 5

I refridgerate fondant all the time and have never had a problem. I have only ever done it over night so i dont know if extra time in the fridge would make a difference. I just make sure i take the cake out in plenty of time to allow any condensation to evaporate. Good luck.

lea74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lea74 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 5

I also refrigerate all my cakes with no problem. It may also depend on humidity in your fridge and type of fondant you use. People say Satin Ice can be refrigerated with no problems and that's what I use.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 5

I also use Satin Ice and I refrigerate all of my cakes (my fillings require it), and I have never had any problems.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%