Alittle Off Topic Shopping Question

Decorating By cupandcake81 Updated 9 Feb 2010 , 8:44pm by prterrell

cupandcake81 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 12:18pm
post #1 of 8

I have gone shopping in the past and have noticed that Michaels dosent have the same wilton stuff as AC More at lest at AC More i was able to get my course books and a few other things that i could have never found at Michaels. Has anybody else noticed this???

7 replies
JGMB Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 12:59pm
post #2 of 8

Just curious -- I've never heard of AC More. We must not have them here. Is it a craft store like Hobby Lobby and Michael's, or is it more of a fabric store like Joann's?

Kimmers971 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 8

They both carry mostly the same but depending on the size of the store and location (demand for products) one may carry more than the other.

TexasSugar Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 8

Michaels does not sell the course books. You get them free when you start the courses.

Other than that they should have most of the same products you would use in the classes, but each different chain is not required to carry all the exact same things. In fact you will find some things that are exclusively at one store. Just like there are specific Wilton products that are only carried at Walmart and Target.

Texas_Rose Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 4:13pm
post #5 of 8

That's how it is with Hobby Lobby here. They have more than twice the space devoted to cake and candy making than Michaels has.

Joanns here isn't just fabric anymore...they've opened a supercenter that feels as big as a grocery store and they have a ton of things I want in there icon_biggrin.gif

JGMB Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 4:15pm
post #6 of 8

Yeah, I have a REALLY dangerous corner near me!!! I don't mean there are traffic accidents . . . it's the strip mall where the Wilton store is, and now a Joann's Superstore just opened in the same spot. I swear, the car just automatically wants to turn in there when I'm on that street!! icon_lol.gif

cupandcake81 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 7:38pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks for the replys just wanted to know what everybody elses thoughts were on this.

prterrell Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 8:44pm
post #8 of 8

You can always shop the Wilton online store for all of their stuff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%