Chocolate Mousse

Decorating By Lorabell Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 7:00am by TheBoy16

Lorabell Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:13am
post #1 of 3

Ok, I'm a little worried. I've made a cake with chocolate buttercream and chocolate mousse as fillings. This is the first time I've made mousse by the way and already I found a mistake. I didn't get all the chocolate incorporated, so there are like chocolate threads in the mousse which is honestly pretty good, but I know that's not right. My problem is that as I filled the layers, the mousse was kinda oozing out the sides.

I got the recipe from CC and it said to place plastic in the bottom of the cake pan and then begin your layers, then finish by freezing overnight. Then turn out, crumb coat, rest and final icing. Should I be worried??

Lori

2 replies
Kitagrl Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 5:13am
post #2 of 3

Maybe it will set up overnight???

I make chocolate mousse just by taking some room temp (not set up) ganache and folding it into homemade sweetened whipped cream. Its nice and thick and stiffens up even more in the fridge.

TheBoy16 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 7:00am
post #3 of 3

When I use a mousse to fill a cake that will be covered in ganache I overfill the cake, then let it sit over night and scrape the side in the mourning. At times I do this processes 2 or 3 times if I feel its needed. Once I feel the oozing has stopped I pour the hot ganache over top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%