What Can I Do With Freezer Paper?

Decorating By metria Updated 9 Feb 2010 , 6:52pm by icer101

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 4:20am
post #1 of 9

this sounds silly, but today i just bought my first roll of freezer paper. according to the box, it can do lots of craft-related things. is there anything special you can use it for in cake decorating? i know it can't go in the oven. otherwise i'll reserve it for rainy-day crafty things.

8 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 4:30am
post #2 of 9

i cover lots of my cake board with it. love it .. shiny side up.. my cake teacher told me this 15 yrs. ago.. can cut strips to make chocolate bows. melt your chocolate.. pipe it on the strips. smooth with spatula.. stick together.. sat up on edges... when chocolate is set up.. peel off paper.. use chocolate for glue and make a loopy bow.. pretty and tasty..

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 4:45am
post #3 of 9

I use it to line pizza boxes [brand new ones I buy from GFS icon_smile.gif ] that I use for cookies and to cover the kitchen table when my kids decorate cookies icon_smile.gif

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:02am
post #4 of 9

I also use to cover cake boards

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 6:37am
post #5 of 9

love the chocolate bow idea. for covering cake boards, do you glue the paper to it?

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 7:06am
post #6 of 9

I use it when I roll out fondant.
(Dull side up; coated with a thin layer of Crisco.)
Then I can just flip the whole thing over onto the cake.

kiwigal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 7:34am
post #7 of 9

Kids craft: iron grated crayon between a folded piece and make butterflies.

If it's the stuff I'm thinking of, make your own piping bags.

Roll pastry or sticky cookies between then cut. Cleaner than smoodging on your bench.

Only semi related...I found a great use for that lunch paper, the thin stuff that you get in huge rolls...put it on the kids easle, or just hang from a bar above a wall, keeps them painting for hours and much cheaper than anything else.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 6:34pm
post #8 of 9

Almost totally unrelated: When ironed onto the wrong side of fabric, it makes an excellent stabilizer for machine embroidery or applique. I also use it for the chocolate bows mentioned above.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 6:52pm
post #9 of 9

when i use it for covering cake boards... i cut the paper 2 inches larger that then board.. again the shiny side will be the top.. so then, you cut the slits all around. stop about 1/4 inch from board. take several slits.. bring up on back of board.. tape down.. gather about 3 more. do the same.. until you get to the end.. just like when you use the silver or gold ,etc.. just cut slits.. tape them down.. then roll edge of board on table.. been doing this for 15 yrs. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%