Frustrating But Great At The Same Time!!

Business By tarheelgirl Updated 9 Feb 2010 , 1:41pm by tarheelgirl

tarheelgirl Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 12:12am
post #1 of 4

I went up on pricing at the beginning of the year. I have actually had to turn orders down for a couple weeks now because its just ME doing everything. I can only do so many cakes per week. I will probably do another price increase in a couple months. Its great to be super busy and growing my business. Its completely frustrating to have a home bakery where I am the only one working, billing, decorating, delivering. So in return I cannot take every single order.

3 replies
classiccake Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 12:45am
post #2 of 4

Sounds like a good problem. If you are that busy then definitely charge more. If some people don't think you are charging too much, then you are not charging enough!

Do business with the customers that are willing to pay what you need to charge. If you have enough business to keep you busy, then you are doing great and making more $$ for your time.

jammjenks Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 2:52am
post #3 of 4

I know exactly how you feel. Some days it is all I can do to keep up with the contacts and business end of it. I keep saying that I need to hire a "Maryalice." icon_razz.gif

tarheelgirl Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 1:41pm
post #4 of 4

I would love to hire a "Mary Alice"! icon_biggrin.gif Shoot I would love to just get someone to crumb coat all day but that is even hard for me! I can't deal with my "cake space" being invaded. And you know someone will never meet your own expectations! icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%