Help With Design Element

Decorating By careylynn Updated 8 Feb 2010 , 10:08pm by GL79

careylynn Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 3

I am stuck on a design element on my next cake. It is a two tier( 8in and 6in) stacked cake (not carved ) that looks like a mythical character, called a garfoose, for a good friend of mine's husband who plays baseball for the blue jays. I am going to incorporate the face on the top tier. I am stuck on the antlers and how to attach them. I'd like to have them on the side of the cake, but if I have to, I'll just rest them on the top. I attached a pic of the "garfoose". HELP me figure out a way to have the antlers coming out of the sides of the cake. I've thought about RKT but haven't worked with it yet and don't know if it needs support inside or not. And, I'm worried it would still be too heavy and fall off the cake.
LL

2 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 3

If the antlers don't need to be too curved, you could make them from foamcore board. Just make a pattern and cut out as many thicknesses as you need. Glue them together with tacky glue and drive a couple of wooden skewers into the end that will be touching the cake. Then cover them with fondant.

GL79 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 3

I agree with Texas_Rose, you might want to attach the antlers above the cake board and just glue some blocks on the cakeboard under the antlers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%