Newbie Here

Lounge By tallarue Updated 8 Feb 2010 , 1:42pm by Loucinda

tallarue Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 6:07am
post #1 of 9

My name is Ang. I am 35 and a stay at home mom. Started working with Wilton Designer pans a few years back and love it! However, I have a stepdaughter that is getting married in 2 yrs and has requested me to make her 5 tier wedding cake! OMGosh!!!! Not only am I honored, but I have 2 years to learn how to make a wedding cake and do not know where to start. Right now I can not afford to take any classes(as much as I would love to) so I have to learn how to do this on my own.

I was referred to your site by another member, and she said she learned a lot more from here than she did at the classes. So I am hoping I can do the same.

Looking forward to meeting all of you and learning as much as I can!
Happy Baking all!
Ang

8 replies
tatorchip Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 6:10am
post #2 of 9

Welcome to CC Ang, I learned a lot also on CC and I know you will also. Happy reading

tallarue Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 6:14am
post #3 of 9

Thank you! thumbs_up.gif

JanH Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 6:23am
post #4 of 9

Hi and Welcome to CC, tallarue. icon_smile.gif

Everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

The above super thread has popular CC recipes for crusting American buttercreams, several types of fondant and doctored cake mix (WASC and other flavor variations) - and so much more!

HTH

tallarue Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 6:43am
post #5 of 9

Thank you so very much Jan!

JanH Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 6:45am
post #6 of 9

You're very welcome Ang. icon_biggrin.gif

mrspriss0912 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 1:35pm
post #7 of 9

Welcome Ang !!!!! You will learn so much here everyone I have met on here has been very helpful. Good luck and let me know if I can help you in anyway

Deb_ Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 1:37pm
post #8 of 9

You've come to the right place....we'll have you making that 5 tiered cake in no time! icon_biggrin.gif

Besides CC another great asset is Youtube. There are so many free cake tutorials on there. I'm a visual learner and it's helped me so much.

I just go to google, type in what I want to learn/see and put youtube after it and so many great videos come up.

Welcome and you'll have a great time here...it's quite addicting though. icon_wink.gif

Loucinda Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 1:42pm
post #9 of 9

Welcome! You have come to the right place - and you have time to learn! You'll be addicted in no time. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%