Supernanny Marathon On Style....

Lounge By Deb_ Updated 8 Feb 2010 , 3:29pm by Deb_

Deb_ Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 5:07am
post #1 of 3

My dh and I have been watching this all day....we're new to Supernanny and before today have only watched 3 episodes.

Well, after watching on and off today we've noticed a common thread with these's not the kids, it's the parents. icon_rolleyes.gif

It takes a lot of time, energy and patience to raise children....a lot of these people hadn't really taken their role as a parent seriously which is why their kids were out of control.

It's much easier to sit back and let the kids rule the house then it is to set limits, discipline and be a PARENT.

Anyone else a fan of Supernanny?

2 replies
hilly Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 3

I totally agree, it's always the parents. The last show that was on friday, they were literally spanking their 4 little bitties (all 5 and under) for every little thing, even doing so while hugging them. There was no other discipline at all, no structure and the kids were terrors because they were horribly confused. icon_confused.gif

I love Super Nanny, she sees the problems and gets to the solution.

But you said it's much easier to sit back and let the kids rule the roost, meaning the parents, but if they'd step back, look at the situation, set some boundaries and follow through on things, their lives would be 100% easier than the doing nothing routine.

Deb_ Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 3

Oh I saw Friday's episode that was weird wasn't it? The Mom would be spanking the kid but speaking in a soothing voice while she was doing it. Talk about sending mixed signals.

Supernanny is great....her solution is always simple too, it just takes time and patience.

It's my new favorite show, I wish it were on when my kids were little.

Quote by @%username% on %date%