Help!!! Cake With 6-10-16 Squares...

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 8 Feb 2010 , 5:18am by madgeowens

madgeowens Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:46am
post #1 of 8

I have looked and looked......I want to see what it would look like with 6-10-16 squares...either rotated or straight on..........I will have to carve the top tier down so hard to picture it, when I don't have the pans to stack tia

7 replies
madgeowens Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 4:16am
post #2 of 8

grrrr I never seem to be able to get answers.......I must ask difficult questions

all4cake Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 4:29am
post #3 of 8

I ain't tryin' to be a smart alec...technically, you didn't ask a question.

I don't know of that combination right off-hand but I'll be more than happy to help you look. Are you interested in straight stacked... rotated...pillared...other...?

madgeowens Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 4:40am
post #5 of 8

hey be a smarty pants...your helping thats all that matters..icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 4:42am
post #6 of 8

well I am debating step style or rotated...thanks so much for the help

all4cake Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 5:01am
post #7 of 8

Although, this one doesn't state that that is what it is, I would say it is ....

http://www.sweetstuffcakes.com/images/cakes/wedding/SquareRoses.gif

For rotated square tiers to fit...from corner to corner without the corners overhanging the tier below, the size of the tier it's resting on should be at least 1.5 times the size of the smaller pan used...that is to say, a 6" would do a 90 degree rotation nicely on a 9" or larger...a 10" would do a 90 degree rotation nicely on a 15" or larger...

Edited 'cause I can't add... icon_redface.gif

madgeowens Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 5:18am
post #8 of 8

Oh I like that I think thats what I will go with...I sure hope I can cut the small one down straight...I am cockeyed....thanks a million!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%