5 Year Old Wedding Funky?

Decorating By confectionsofahousewife Updated 8 Feb 2010 , 7:26pm by confectionsofahousewife

confectionsofahousewife Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 7

I have a friend whose daughter is turning 5 this month. She wants a "wedding" cake that is girly/funky and incorporates the colors pink, purple, red, and white! By wedding cake we are pretty sure she means that she wants it to be a multi-tiered cake. My plan thus far is to make a small three tiered cake but I am having trouble envisioning 5 year old funky with that color scheme. I have a few basic ideas but wanted to throw this out there to see if someone more creative than myself has any brilliant ideas! Thanks!

6 replies
AverageMom Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 7

I don't know, but that kid is one lucky five year old!

I guess for the colours you will need to go bright, and keep them all in the same family. Put a bit of your red into your pink and purple so they blend nicely.
Maybe one tier of stripes, one of dots, one of stars?

confectionsofahousewife Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 7

Good idea putting red into the pink and purple. I was wondering how to make sure all the colors look good together! Thanks. Any other design ideas out there?

Chasey Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 7

What about making it a cake full of accessories? You could do lipstick, nail polish bottles, sunglasses, beads, compact, little purse, shoes in all of the fun colors she wants, yet stick to a nice pink and purple base perhaps? Maybe put one of those colors as a feather boa around the cakeboard? I see using curly wire and something popping out of the top. Maybe her name? Stars? Something shiny and dangly like beads?

I just imagine that a 5 year old is thinking she is grown up and ready to leave the princess stuff behind! (maybe icon_wink.gif )

Chasey Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 6:32pm
post #5 of 7

I found a cake supporting the 5 year old theory! icon_lol.gif

Have fun making your funky wedding birthday cake! icon_biggrin.gif

cas17 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 6:54pm
post #6 of 7

check out the cake photos by "Cakery", she has some awesome tiered cakes with funky colors. that is going to be such a fun cake to make!!

confectionsofahousewife Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 7:26pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks guys. I love the feather boa idea!
Thanks for the suggestion to look at cakery's photos. I had actually saved one of those photos to use for ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%