Edible Broach Can This Be Done

Decorating By msnrozier Updated 8 Feb 2010 , 1:41pm by bobwonderbuns

msnrozier Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 6

I have to do some ballerina slippers, and I want to put a pretty broach on both slippers!

I don't want to put a store brought broach! So I have silver dust and dragees, what else would you recommend?

Thank you in advance

Pictures are much welcome!!!!!!!

5 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 6

Well, there's lots and lots of silicone molds in the shape of just about every broach ever made, you can go that route. OR you can make your own mold out of a broach you like. OR you can put together some dragees in a little design to simulate a broach... That should give you a starting point anyway. icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:17am
post #3 of 6

I made some for a cake - used gumpaste, isomalt for the jewel, and dragees. Here is a pic of the cake:

You can also buy some pretty cool ones from JenniferMI on here - sugardelites.com - she didn't have them when I made mine or I would have bought them! icon_wink.gif
LL

JCE62108 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 3:07am
post #4 of 6

I love that cake!!! The broaches are gorgeous too!!!

cakesbyleila Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 3:44am
post #5 of 6

I bought the modern flower molds from my local cake supply shop. I used chocolate fondant and then painted them silver to give them an aged look. My cake isn't due until this coming Saturday, but I will post pics soon after. Good luck and please post pics when your slippers are complete. I can't wait to see them.

bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 1:41pm
post #6 of 6

Hey Lou, your cake is gorgeous!! I have a couple of cameo molds that would look great in that same setting! Beautiful job! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%