mommicakes Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 2:59pm
post #2 of 12

Me too!!
icon_lol.gif Those are the best ones!!!

Good Job! icon_biggrin.gif

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 12

Hummmm...I guess ALL my customers are like that! Well almost all since in 30+ years of cake decorating I've had exactly ONE request for a tasting! [ just a few cupcakes picked up by the MOB when she was in town visiting and the bride was from out of state so had never had any of my cakes before]
I keep thinking maybe it will become a 'trend' that they will all want tastings, but appears that in our area is is not the thing to do.... not complaining, just happy that it is NOT the normal here!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 12

I wish it was like that here! There are so many bakers around here, customers look at parading from appt to appt as part of the "wedding experience." I had to limit the number of people who could come to a tasting because some people would show up with 5 or 6 extra people!

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 11:38pm
post #5 of 12

yes the "wedding experience" is the norm here too. I'm trying to change that.....it's really not that big of a decision like the church/ location.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:29am
post #6 of 12

I love those too - I had 3 do that already this year. icon_smile.gif

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 3:53am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I wish it was like that here! There are so many bakers around here, customers look at parading from appt to appt as part of the "wedding experience." I had to limit the number of people who could come to a tasting because some people would show up with 5 or 6 extra people!

I tell the couple that I put out enough cake for two people. If they bring more then that, they have to share. It really does help when you tell them that to try not to make a party of it, which I was discovering was happening! They would bring thier starbucks and everything!

sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 4:08am
post #8 of 12

Me too.
I just had a couple call me today, talk through what they wanted, I emailed them a quote and they paid in full! All within an hour!
Love it!
icon_biggrin.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 4:38am
post #9 of 12

Yep, I have just started getting phone calls for cakes. Normally I get emails from my website and end up doing either tastings or a long back and forth through emails before they decide. This week I have had a lot phone calls just telling me what they want.....Kinda liking that. Since I am a home baker it is weird though.

Funny thing is the first one my husband answered the phone and the girl said "is this the bakery?" and he says "no sorry you have the wrong number" hangs up and goes "OH SH*T"

lecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecie Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 2:46am
post #10 of 12

patticakesnc, Im sorry but that was funny about ur husband. Mines do not answer but he always want to taste it before it leave. He says he has to be sure it tatse great. I dear him to touch it or his dead meat I would say, LOL

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 3:15am
post #11 of 12

i just love customers who... say ok, where do I send the deposit when you quote them a price. (No haggling or negotiating the price downward)

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 3:17am
post #12 of 12

I have to agree Patty. Had several of those this week. Call up tell me what they want, stuck to my pricing and BAM! there is a check a few days later in the mail....ahhh...if it all could be that easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%