Where Can I Buy These?

Baking By luv2bake6 Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 3:55am by luv2bake6

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 17

I'm looking for those clear sticks that are normally used for chocolate covered marshmallows but i'd like to see if i can use them for chocolate dipped cookies as well. The sticks have 2 prongs to stick into the marshmallow. Anyone know where i can find these sticks?

16 replies
Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 17

Sounds like a plastic shrimp or seafood fork. I think you can find them at a party supply store, most of them carry them.

luv2bake6 Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 17

Heres a pic of what i'm talking about.
LL

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:23am
post #4 of 17

I've seen those at party stores in different colors.

luv2bake6 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:54am
post #5 of 17

I've looked online but can't find anyone that sells them. Help?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 3:02am
post #6 of 17

search on:

"plastic cocktail forks" and you get all kinds of them from lots of sources

http://www.google.com/search?q=plastic+cocktail+fork&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&client=firefox-a&rlz=1R1GGLL_en___US359

luv2bake6 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 3:17am
post #7 of 17

Did this search and could not find the clear colored 2-pronged forks. The closest are 3 pronged white forks and they are also longer.

Mel2085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel2085 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 3:37am
post #8 of 17

I googled two pronged forks and came up with this site

http://www.candylandcrafts.com/candydippingtools.htm
(Mod edited to fix the link.)

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 7:44am
post #9 of 17

2 prong white/ivory plastic cocktail foks:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002W50TLG/?tag=cakecentral-20

HTH

luv2bake6 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 3:07pm
post #10 of 17

mel, thank you. I had checked them before and they only have dipping forks that are too long. (also no colors or translucency)

JanH, thank you. I had seen these and they are the closest but they only come in ivory and are also not translucent (i think it looks fancier to use the ones in the pic).

I'm starting to think that the site where i found the pic is having them made exclusively for them?

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 5:32pm
post #11 of 17

Partycity has the same fancy design in translucent colors (no clear), and partypro has clear ones but the handle is flat and not fancy.

luv2bake6 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 7:30pm
post #12 of 17

ok, i'll check them out; thanks!

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 8:45pm
post #13 of 17

I emailed www.zeldas.net (which is where luvtobake6 had seen them) and they refuse to give out any vendor names as to where they get these forks. It really makes me angry when people do that. Like I am going to put them out of business if I buy some of those forks. I then asked them if I could buy some of them from them and they asked how many I needed, I told them and they said no, they need all there stock, like they can't buy more. NOT very nice people.

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 8:55pm
post #14 of 17

I saw some small white ones in my grocery store by the paper plates, cups and straws.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 9:25pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4life

I emailed www.zeldas.net (which is where luvtobake6 had seen them) and they refuse to give out any vendor names as to where they get these forks. It really makes me angry when people do that. Like I am going to put them out of business if I buy some of those forks. I then asked them if I could buy some of them from them and they asked how many I needed, I told them and they said no, they need all there stock, like they can't buy more. NOT very nice people.

http://www.getprice.com.au/COCKTAIL-FORKS-CLICK-HERE-Gpnc_484--41035122.htm

Looks like these are from Australia, price is great, don't know about shipping, but they are the same thing. Tell Zelda what they can do with their forks and their attitude. I hate rude people too.

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 10:16pm
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisskween

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4life

http://www.getprice.com.au/COCKTAIL-FORKS-CLICK-HERE-Gpnc_484--41035122.htm

Looks like these are from Australia, price is great, don't know about shipping, but they are the same thing. Tell Zelda what they can do with their forks and their attitude. I hate rude people too.

Thanks so much. And I did tell Zelda's where to go in a not so nasty way.

luv2bake6 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 3:55am
post #17 of 17

That's it!!! I can't believe you found them!

I hate to have caused negative publicity for zeldas. I was merely looking for silly forks. On one hand i feel bad, but on the other hand, what would've been so bad to give their source or even to sell them themselves?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%