There's Always A Silver Lining ....

Lounge By JGMB Updated 7 Feb 2010 , 8:28pm by LaBellaFlor

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 12:35am
post #1 of 5

Well, our church has had some really ugly dissession among the members for nearly 2 years. I've tried to stay neutral and on the fence to keep out of the fray. One side hates the pastor and wants rid of him, and the other side thinks he's a saint.

So, today, the entire congregation received a letter stating that both our Senior and Associate pastors are being reassigned to different churches beginning July 1st.

The whole situation is just sad. So, where's the silver lining, you ask? I get to make the cakes for their farewell party!!! icon_wink.gif

Hopefully, we'll get some nice, new pastors. Although, if I were up for the job, I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole -- I think our church has a pretty bad reputation for not getting along. Isn't that Christian of us? icon_confused.gif

4 replies
Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 1:58am
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Well, our church has had some really ugly dissession among the members for nearly 2 years. I've tried to stay neutral and on the fence to keep out of the fray. One side hates the pastor and wants rid of him, and the other side thinks he's a saint.

So, today, the entire congregation received a letter stating that both our Senior and Associate pastors are being reassigned to different churches beginning July 1st.

The whole situation is just sad. So, where's the silver lining, you ask? I get to make the cakes for their farewell party!!! icon_wink.gif

Hopefully, we'll get some nice, new pastors. Although, if I were up for the job, I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole -- I think our church has a pretty bad reputation for not getting along. Isn't that Christian of us? icon_confused.gif

That is a very sad situation for a church to be in. Although it reminds me of what our priest told us last August when he got his new assignment: This is the best job in the world because you get to make everybody happy; some when you arrive, some while you are here, and the rest when you leave!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 5

JGMB I love the silver lining that you found!

Shelle your preist has a great sense of humor.

My sister's church went through the same thing, but it was a majority of them wanting him to leave. Their former pastore moved out of state, so they brought in this new pastore. He wanted a personal credit card, ability to right funds out the account, a personal expense account, and everyone was like "NO". He moved on...and then took my sister's e-mail list and e-mailed all of us seeking "donations" of variece amounts for blessings. Keep in mind this was my sister's personal e-mail list and we all got an e-mail...and most of us have never met the guy!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 8:21pm
post #4 of 5

My father was an Episcopal priest, and after seeing how churches are run, I think that people forget that it's PEOPLE who run them, not angels. I've seen things that would make your hair curl. Churches are businesses, and you can be faithful to whatever religion you believe in without ever setting foot in one. Sometimes, depending on the church, you're better off not setting foot in one.

Congratulations on making the cakes! icon_biggrin.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 5

That is very true! When I hear people bad mouth churches, I always tell them there is no such thing as a perfect church, cause there is no such thing as perfect people. You have to find the church that is for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%