Edible Ink Printing... Urgent Help Needed Asap

Decorating By SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Updated 10 Feb 2010 , 4:19am by icingimages

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 12:14am
post #1 of 14

I just tried out my printer and edible ink for the first time. I have the Epson Workforce 610 (which has 4 colors... Magenta, Black, yellow, Cyan). I tried to print out a pic with golds and blacks... but it turned PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do I need to do to fix this?
Thanks in advance!

13 replies
icingimages Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 14

I do not do a lot of work with epsons, but I would suggest you do a nozzle check and follow the instructions there. If it doesnt work, then print pictures with regular paper in until the color comes through.

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 12:05am
post #3 of 14

Thanks! We had to do several nozzel checks and cleanings... the yellow wouldn't work..........on a brand new printer! The cartridge was fine, it was the printer... stressed out about it till Igot it working semi-correct....still not perfect though icon_smile.gif

icingimages Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 1:14am
post #4 of 14

Where did you get the cartridges from? Dont do cleanings, you will waste your ink. Instead print until it comes through

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 1:54am
post #5 of 14

Thanks for the info... I got them from KopyKakes.... I'm new to the edible image stuff, just wanted it to offer something less expensive to my customers, like sheet cakes. I mostly do tier cakes. I just seached online and found them.

gmorriello Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:08am
post #6 of 14

I got my inks for my canon at kopykakes, I couldn't print blue...I took out the blue cartridge and took a warm rag (careful with lint) and rubbed it on the end, it worked like a charm....

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:27am
post #7 of 14

Thanks for the tips guys...... I'm just stressing about it because nothing I get ever works right lol

icingimages Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:45pm
post #8 of 14

I dont know where you got yours Kelli, but www.ediblesupply.com has a great product for the epsons.

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:27pm
post #9 of 14

Thanks Debbie, I appreciate your help. Do I need to get all new cartridges, or will refills work?

tiggy2 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:42pm
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

I dont know where you got yours Kelli, but www.ediblesupply.com has a great product for the epsons.

Is their ink different/better then kopykake?

GrandmaG Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:46pm
post #11 of 14

Make sure you have your settings correct. That will make a difference! It has to be matte finish and standard printing. I have to adjust mine each time I turn it on.

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 6:08pm
post #12 of 14

AHHHH! Okay... I didn't know that!
Thanks GrandmaG! I'll make sure I fix that... I think mine was set on glossy!

GrandmaG Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 7:10pm
post #13 of 14

http://www.kopykake.com/pc_PrinterSettingsGuide.html

If you do a search on KopyKake's website it will tell you different problem solvers. I think I read it somewhere here on CC before I got my printer that if it's pink that the settings are off. Good luck!

icingimages Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 4:19am
post #14 of 14

edible supplies inks are diffferent then KK. Plus their cartridges are different. I would recommend new cartridges, but you can check with them to be sure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%