Thoughts And Suggestions Please!

Decorating By pj22 Updated 7 Feb 2010 , 2:20am by AnthonysMom

pj22 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 3

So I got really helpful info from the CC forums and wanted to get your thoughts and suggestions on my final decision for making this huge cake for 200 people!

I am thinking of making the WASC cake but there are so many versions out there. I decided on the one posted by denise2434 (http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2322/white-almond-sour-cream-cake-wasc)

Is this a good recipe or should I use the *original* one posted by kakeladi?

I was thinking of whipped ganache as the filling as I cannot refrigerate the cake. Do you think that would be a good filling compared to traditional ganache? Also, is the ratio for whipped ganache 1 part chocolate to 2 parts cream?

I saw many recommendations for Indydebi's buttercream frosting. I also read good reviews for Wilton's whipped cream buttercream frosting.
Which one would taste better and hold up better when left overnight on the counter?

Thanks for reading. I look forward to your replies and help!!

2 replies
sylly Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 12:40am
post #2 of 3

I think you will find many opinions out here about which recipes to use, but it's really just a matter of trying them out for yourself and finding the ones you like best. I like whipped ganache as a filling instead of regular ganache- it is a little lighter and fluffier in taste and texture.
I do not use wilton's buttercream recipe but that's just me. I use one I found on here years ago and my customers love it, my family loves it and it holds up well here in the Texas weather issues of himidity and changing weather. Factor those types of things into deciding which recipes work best for you. icon_smile.gif have fun with trying different recipes and trust yourself on what you want to put in and on your cakes. icon_smile.gif

AnthonysMom Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 2:20am
post #3 of 3

I have tried that receipe, ITS AWESOME! Everyone raves about my cakes. Use duncan hines instead of betty crocker since when i did it with bettys their cake batter has a lot of hard crumbs to sift out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%