How Do I Make An Edible Image And Put It On My Cake

Decorating By michelle2898 Updated 7 Feb 2010 , 2:01am by cakesrock

michelle2898 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 4

i would like to put an edible image on a cake but really don't know how to go about it, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks xx

3 replies
sylly Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 12:24am
post #2 of 4

Once you have the edible image, keep in mind that you only get one shot to get it onto your cake. Sometimes I have trouble getting it to come off the paper and the last thing you want is to tear it. If I find that I can't get the edge to come off easily, I stick the image in the freezer for about five minutes. It stiffens the image and makes it really easy to get it away from the backing. I do this when the image is a full size image no matter what because I did that it gives me a more solid piece to be able and position it into my cake. Work with t fast though- your hands will warm it up quickly.
If you are only using a section of the image paper, use an exacto knife to cut around the image and then do the same thing with freezing it.

cakesrock Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 2:01am
post #4 of 4

The grocery store that does my edible images charges per page. So, I always get as many images on the page as I can, so that I have extras if I rip it. When I cut the image, I cut the backing paper too, then remove just before application. I always apply mine with a thin layer of buttercream. I've heard water in some cases, but I wouldn't recommend that. You can pipe around the image with BC, but you don't have to. If you apply it to buttercream and/or pipe around then I cannot go back in the fridge - it will run/bleed. But if you put it on fondant with no piping, I've had no issues with refridgeration.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%