Not What I Need Right Now!

Lounge By prterrell Updated 7 Feb 2010 , 3:33am by lulus

prterrell Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 4

Hubby and I are in the midst of major cleaning getting ready for our Super Bowl party tomorrow...and in trying to rearrange things in the hall pantry, I upset the wine bottles and of course a half dozen fall on the floor and of course a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon broke and left a lovely red purple abstract design on our pale sand colored carpet. icon_cry.gif

Fortunately, we got a Bissel Little Green for Christmas and I am happy to report that it does work!

However, I have a gazillion other things to do, and did NOT need this delay.

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 4

I hear yah..Try breaking a whole 5 gallon jug of homemade red wine on the floor ...Ouch...and the mess was horrid too!!!

prterrell Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 2:21am
post #3 of 4

After 2 rounds with the cleaner, the carpet has some faint pink splotches, but it's not too bad. We get our carpets professionally cleaned once a year, so hopefully they can get the rest of the stain out. If not, we plan on replacing the carpeting with bamboo flooring in a few years anyway. At least it's in a rather inconspicuous spot. icon_biggrin.gif

Of course, the worst part is not being able to drink it! icon_cry.gif

lulus Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 3:33am
post #4 of 4

Believe it or not, use denture cleaner. Let the tablets dissolve in warm water, then just pour it over the stain (once it's been dried off). And walk away. Seriously, you don't need to do anything else. I spilled an entire bottle of merlot on my cream carpet, and you would never know it happened.

Quote by @%username% on %date%