Do You Give...

Baking By shelli72 Updated 8 Feb 2010 , 10:11pm by luv2bake6

shelli72 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 10

When you have a cookie order do you give your customers extra cookie in case of breakage? I have a large order of 350 and not sure if I should give them extra or not. Some people's thoughts are once they are out of your hands it is not my worries, but I still do. I want them to be happy and not short on cookies.

9 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 10

Cookies's a fact of life. I think most people out there (even the ones who don't decorate) realize this. Package your cookies carefully, and I don't think you'll have a problem. If you're stressed out about it, make a few extra and be sure to tell the client, "I added a couple extra in case of breakage."

Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 10

I don't make extra...I make the amount they order..I have never had any break so...They may have broken after they left my care but as Gemini happens and is out of your control..If you add extra cookies in every order you make it will soon cost you more than you think and you won't be so eager to do it anymore...

luv2bake6 Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 12:28am
post #4 of 10

I make extra cookies anyway to allow for breakage and mistakes on my end. If the cookies are custom or personalized, i give them with the order (only after offering them to my kids!lol). If the cookies are generic, i'll throw them in the freezer for that last minute put together.

chefjulie Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 3:56am
post #5 of 10

On small orders, I dont give extra. On larger orders (Over 75) I do give extra- Mainly because I have them on hand, and I feel like it helps keep my clients happy.

Cake-makerz Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 6:49pm
post #6 of 10

I think you should give them a bit extra...
Keep your clients happy .... !

Win Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 7:23pm
post #7 of 10

Goodness! You sure will be busy! If it were me, I'd give a few extra with the order, but I'd also make sure the client knows I threw in a few extra... icon_lol.gif

BlakesCakes Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 6:03am
post #8 of 10

I always put in a few extra--a baker's dozen, or so, more if they're not in individual packaging.

They're cheap to make and I always make extras in case I screw up and break some.

If I don't break any, neither DH nor I need the extra calories, so the rest go to the recipient.

shelli72 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 9:49pm
post #9 of 10

I did throw in a couple extras, they were thankful, but none broke. Yeah! I made sure they were packaged carefully and they enjoyed them. Thanks everyone.

luv2bake6 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 10:11pm
post #10 of 10

Glad to hear it all worked out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%