I'm An Idiot...

Decorating By laurs_1981 Updated 27 Mar 2010 , 1:43pm by nhbaker

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 12:12am
post #61 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by tavyheather

thanks! I'm positive my lab will be sneaking some choc chip cookies sometime in the near future...so, good to know!

Glad to save you the $50 thumbs_up.gif . Gotta love those labs.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 12:45am
post #62 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by lardbutt

About two weeks ago, I was warming a tiny bit of fondant to make something. I reached in the microwave to get it and my finger went right through the middle of it.....IT AS LIKE LIQUID FIRE! I screamed and tried to lick it off.....yeah, that didn't work out well! I still have a little spot on my finger where the skin is growing back.

im sorry, but this made me laugh so hard (ive done it . . .) it was just the liquid fire thing. . .I did the same as you . . stuck my finger straight in the mouth and burnt my tongue too lol!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 12:55am
post #63 of 77

I'm the dork that dropped an uncracked egg into the sink's drain yesterday and actually tried to pull it out! Needless to say, even though I knew it was going to crack I still did my best to get it out in one piece.

LePetitGourmet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LePetitGourmet Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 1:06am
post #64 of 77

We buy eggs in 2.5 doz boxes which can be a little flimsy. I was rushing to get a cake in the oven and grabbed the box with one hand. Sure enough, it starts to bend and the eggs start dropping off and hitting the floor. I try to grab the other side with my free hand and hit the box instead. It flips out of both my hands and hits the floor. 36 eggs strewn across the floor.

I also set eggs on the stove to boil and forgot them. After awhile the water evaporates, the eggs overheat and explode. Smells gross and feels impossible to clean.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 1:11am
post #65 of 77

Oh, yeah. The smell of burned eggs tends to linger for a few weeks. Yech.

bakermom3107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermom3107 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:01am
post #66 of 77

Not cake related, but wanted to share. I tend to just go on auto-pilot all the time w/o even noticing. The other day I got a roast out of the fridge and was going to throw it in the crockpot by itself. I was planning on using it to make Italian beef sandwiches. Well... next thing I know, I have the crock pot full of peeled potatoes, carrots, and onions... like I was making a roast with veggies! icon_eek.gif My mind was obviously wandering and I was on auto-pilot b/c the roast was supposed to be in there aloneicon_smile.gif So... dinner menu changed icon_redface.gif

Zeebadeeba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zeebadeeba Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:02am
post #67 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by lardbutt

I have taken the hot cake pan from the oven, put the oven mits back in the drawer, and then grab the HOT cake pan again with my bare hands! Ouch!!

Ugh! I JUST did that like a month ago!!! I made about 6 dozen cookies and it was the Second to last pan, I was exausted icon_redface.gif Plus I had Schoolwork to do.

Everyone has mentioned Dogs, But how about Cats?? I've got 3 that like to sneak goodies. Bread, Cupcakes, Muffins, ect. icon_biggrin.gif it's Pretty Funny actually!!! icon_lol.gif

Zeebadeeba Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:08am
post #68 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakelace

A very long time ago I had really long hair, down to my butt. I was making a cake and forgot to tie my hair up. I leaned a bit to far to reach something and ended up with the beaters eating my hair all the way up to my head.

Mine is really close to that. When I was about 10, I was cleaning off the beaters of a handheld, when something spooked me. I hit the power button and spun my hand into it. Ouch!!! I think I still have a scar on the back of my hand from that icon_redface.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:20am
post #69 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickie20

Everyone has mentioned Dogs, But how about Cats?? I've got 3 that like to sneak goodies. Bread, Cupcakes, Muffins, ect. icon_biggrin.gif it's Pretty Funny actually!!! icon_lol.gif

The other night I was working on a practice cake and my new kitty wanted to know what I was up to. So I kept having to push her away. Then at one point I got into a zone when I was piping and didn't check on her for a while. I glanced up and here just across on the other side of the cake I see a pair of flattened kitty ears and pair of eyes peering over at me. She was just inches from the cake!!!!

Yeah, she learned some new words that night. Good thing it was just a practice cake and not for someone!

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:29am
post #70 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickie20

Our cat will eat pumpkin pie like there is no tommorrow. One evening the night before Thanksgiving, figured the pies would be fine on the counter while we were gone for an hour or so, come back to the cat cleaning up the last of the pumpkin & some bites out of the apple....and the cat knew she wasnt allowed in the kitchen, now we have to hide the pies from her, only time she'll go in there!

Zeebadeeba Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:01am
post #71 of 77

@Rose_N_Crantz OMG!!! I'm glad it was just practice. Adorable little buggers. Good thing they can't talk!!! spillin' all our dirty little secrets icon_biggrin.gif

@chassidyg Ahh!! Oh my goodness!! That is too Funny!!! I can just picture it now... icon_biggrin.gif

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 11:48am
post #72 of 77

lol i did the same thing with an egg i thought it would be fine but my bowl moves on my mixer,, it was one of my da moments. ok with my back and making mm fondant, i lay a large clean blanket on the floor. use large bowl, have every thing i need, crisco, con sugar, everything ok ready, pour some powder into mm and dive in with hands ahhhhhh now, i live alone, well 1 tiny dog and a cockatoo, not much help. so i'm sitting there, probably better no one was there expecially my son, and anyway i'm just sitting there thinking you dummy, now what do i do, hands are just full, between fingers, you got the idea, didn't want to touch anything, if i touched the mm bag i'd mess up my amount's couldn't get up couldn't put my hands down so in some really weird way i finally got up think it was rolling over and using elbows, well turned out fine, hopefully i'll remember that disaster,

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 12:13pm
post #73 of 77

[quote="Mickie20

@chassidyg Ahh!! Oh my goodness!! That is too Funny!!! I can just picture it now... icon_biggrin.gif[/quote]

Oh yes, pure white beautiful kitty, with a face full of pumpkin, luckily she's the one who likes the bath tub.

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 12:17pm
post #74 of 77

My Yorkie Story:

I had done a nice looking luggage cake with a dummy cake.. all covered in fondant.. all the details added... everything looking nice... I put it in the display shelf I have.... then one day I look and see that where the luggage dummy cake was... there now it stood a white rectangle... nothing NOTHING on it... as I wondered...

My Yorkie licked ALL the color from everything on it!!! now I have a white on white luggage cake lol

ps I almost called the dog pound to send her away for good lol

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:05pm
post #75 of 77

I've been so tired when baking, I put my cake pan in the fridge instead of the oven LOL, realized what I'd done when I got back to the other end of the house.

idocakes4fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idocakes4fun Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:09pm
post #76 of 77

I've pulled some really goofy things (ie., forgetting the eggs, putting bizarre things in the fridge), but realized yesterday that I've really lost a few cells when the checkout girl yelled, "you forgot your stuff!!!". I was leaving the store w/ only my 3 year old and an empty cart. Gheez!! The guy behind me tried to make me feel better by telling me he'd done the same thing before. I thanked him for being so kind and grabbed my bags and tried to sneek out w/ my daughter saying, "Mommy, why did you forget the bags?!" as loudly as she could. LOL

nhbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhbaker Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:43pm
post #77 of 77

I love threads like these -- especially when I need a good laugh!

I must have a angel yellow lab because she's never touched anything -- from food the lids leave on the coffee table (well in her grab and go range), to cookies/cake cooling on the counter, she won't touch it. I gate her out of the kitchen when I bake, but it's gotten so I just have to start getting the stuff out and she gets up and leaves the room! I've even forgotten that she's been in the car with groceries (including a beef roast), and come back to find her being as good as gold just waiting for me, nothing touched. -- However, it's not to says she hasn't had her moments - if it's in here territory (on the ground, the floor, etc.) it's fair game -- Learned this the hard way after she did a projectile technicolor yawn at the door while trying to ask to go out one night (yep, definetly needed a new rug there!) Couldn't imagine what she had gotten into but could tell it wasn't good while doing the nasty job of clean up. Did a walk around the yard to discover that a snowmobilier had left/dropped an entire bag of peanut m&m's on the trail that runs through our backyard. Nice!

I've had my share of brain dead moments but one of my favorites is when I was newely married I was trying to teach my DH how to make tuna casserole -- I carefully put in all the ingredients while he watched -- baked it, then as soon as I tooked the first bite I broke into laughter -- my DH looked at me puzzled until he tried it and realized what was wrong. -- I'd totally forgotten to put in the tuna! Not very appetizing to say the least!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%