You Guys Are Soo Going To Laugh At Me.

Decorating By sadsmile Updated 8 Feb 2010 , 5:51pm by sadsmile

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 8

I am doing my first 4 tiered cake and I am soo nervous. OMG! I am thinking it is totally going to be way way too big. I have done the math and I need the servings but it seems so huge. You guys bake and decorate big all the time, but not me. I am doing round 10' 8' 6' and 4' tiers. I do like tall tiers but now my almost 4 1/2" Bc frosted cakes look too tall. Holy cow that's a lot of cake. This is really silly isn't it? It must be the lack of sleep.

7 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 8

You can do it! icon_biggrin.gif

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 8

Gooooooooo You, and take a nap if needed.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 8

Perfect height! Don't worry!

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 8

Oh...you! You can do it! Take care to make every single dowel/straw the exact same height.

sadsmile Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 8:02pm
post #6 of 8

Oh it just gets better and better! I was putting fondant on the 4" tier and I had air holes but I lost my pin with the colored ball on the end, cant find the box of those so I grab a regular needle to pop them. I lost the freaking pin! The cake was covered and I couldn't find it. So instead of ripping the cake apart I set it aside and cleaned the table. Thank goodness I found the needle in the piles of PS. I make such a mess!
And I am so crazy busy I have actually lost a pound or two. Unfortunately it's like those slim quick cartoon commercials where she loses her boobies. OI! Why does that happen? Why can't the arse or thighs be the first thing to go?

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 8:04pm
post #7 of 8

Lol...I wish that was what went. Actually, I wish all of it would go. icon_sad.gif

sadsmile Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the encouragement!!! It didn't look as big as I thought it was going to be once I got it stacked up.
It wasn't so bad... except for my mom pointing out the tiny flaws. Grrr! It's cake and it ain't going to be absolutely perfect is it? Anyway it went smoothly and I am happy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%