Hey Facebook Experts...question??

Lounge By dailey Updated 12 Feb 2010 , 10:04am by noahsmummy

dailey Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 8

i have a question for you facebook experts, lol !

is there any way to post on a "friends" wall and *not* have it show up on *your* wall that you posted on theirs?? hope that wasn't confusing! i don't like the fact that my "friends" can go to my profile page and click on the links to see what i have written on other peoples wall. anyone know? thanks!

7 replies
michellenj Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 8

I wish I knew. I got myself into trouble once. One of dh's friends was stalking my posts and saw something I said about his wife to an unrelated friend. icon_redface.gif

tracieudes Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 8

no.. but you can always send them a message.. On your friends profile page under their profile photo there is an option to message them...

AverageMom Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 8

No. The wall is public. Do not write things there unless you want EVERYONE to read it. Anything else should be sent in a private message.

amber1121 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 8

No, not any more. With Facebook's last upgrade they made it mandatory that when you post on a friend's wall, it shows up on your wall that you made that post.

You can however go to your own wall and delete the post that shows you made a post on your friend's wall.

Hope this helps

dailey Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 12:31am
post #6 of 8

thanks everyone!

amber, i *tried* that and it deleted the post on my friends wall?? did i do something wrong?

Monkess Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 8:53pm
post #7 of 8

You can write on your friends wall and then delete the reporting from your own profile page. There is a little icon saying delete next to the news of your post. I believe you can even turn off the reporting in your security settings-yup pretty sure you can. Best would be to send a message if it is something private. Good luck!

noahsmummy Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 10:04am
post #8 of 8

pm is the only way! =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%