Two Probably Really Dumb Questions!

Baking By ohayr639 Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 7:37pm by Renaejrk

ohayr639 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 6

First: is there a way to make only part of a batch of royal or what else should I use?! ALL I need to do is attach the heel to my shoe for this cake for tonight. The shoe is already dry (50/50 fondant/gumpaste).

Second: Have you ever heard of actually mixing the filling with buttercream? Like I am using a raspberry filling and he said he has had it mixed with the buttercream, do I use a 1:1 ratio, 2:1?! I am confused. If I can't mix them I will just put a layer of frosting then filling then frosting on the bottom side of the top layer. . .

Thanks so much!

5 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 6

If the surfaces of the gumpaste are flat enough to stick together, you can glue them with some tylose mixed with water. If they have a space that needs to be filled in, then you'd want to use royal.

I would mix the filling with the buttercream instead of using a layer of buttercream and a layer of filling...that makes a very slippery cake, which I learned the hard way icon_biggrin.gif

ohayr639 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks! If I don't have tylose is there something else I can use?

For the filling: did you mix equal parts? I thought it sounded kind of slippery! icon_biggrin.gif

Trish43 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 6

If you don't have the tylose you can use a small piece of gumpaste mixed with a little water to make a glue. I usually let it set until gumpaste is dissolved works everytime.

ohayr639 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 6


Renaejrk Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:37pm
post #6 of 6

You can also use the gumpaste/water mix to fill in cracks, etc!

Quote by @%username% on %date%