How Do I Get This Effect?

Decorating By JuneBug613 Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 6:28pm by mandymakescakes

JuneBug613 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 3:33am
post #1 of 4

are these cut outs or a stencil? how do i do it? any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated!

3 replies
mandymakescakes Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 3:43am
post #2 of 4

It looks like both. The 2nd & 4th tiers are definitely stencil (you can find them at Designer Stencils (website of the same name). The 3rd tier is made with a cutter, I've seen them on Amazon and Global Sugar Art. The top tier looks like it's a combination of both actually, but it's probably just a stencil with additional piping. HTH

JuneBug613 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 4:04am
post #3 of 4

thank you so much! the exact stencils were on that website! you're awesome icon_smile.gif

mandymakescakes Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 4

My pleasure! They are extremely popular... and on my wish list. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%