Shop Owners... Walk In Sales???

Business By sweetartbakery Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 1:06pm by sweetartbakery

sweetartbakery Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 12:55am
post #1 of 3

I'm in the final stages of writing my business plan for a shop. It all looks fabulous. Great support for the whole town and city organizers. They aren't sure what to expect for a bakery because there hasn't been one in town. They suggested I dig around if I know anyone else in the business. Where else would I go???? CC!

i have the cenus data (as I mentioned on another post as a reply). They are wondering what an average sale from a walk in customer. someone buying a cupcake or a slice of cheesecake etc. Do you guys find they just buy the slice of sweets or does one person usually get a couple things and a drink? just an estimate is fine. Thanks all!

2 replies
Mensch Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 5:32am
post #2 of 3

It varies enormously. Some people get a coffee and a brownie, some just get a coffee, some just get a muffin, others buy 10 cinnamon buns for the office. It's almost impossible to say an average sale.

sweetartbakery Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 3

Hm, maybe I'll just make up a mock day that is all over the place and average it. I guess I'm going to try to guess low so that I don't over estimate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%