Guidance Requested For Edible Image Hearts, Please

Decorating By jewelsq Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 7:38pm by jewelsq

jewelsq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelsq Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 11:13pm
post #1 of 11

I just got my printer for Christmas and I've been doing quite well.

I've got an order for a bunch of heart-shaped cookies. I bought the heart-shaped icing sheets before the order without truly realizing that I'd need different software to produce them.

I have an old Ulead Photo Express (v3.0) on our other computer but am not sure where to start in finding the heart templates.

Does someone have a template and directions to go with the template that wouldn't mind sharing?

Or does someone have a trick or two up their sleeve?

TIA.

10 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 11

Depending on where you bought your frosting sheets they may have software. Kopykake and icingimages both do.

jewelsq Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 11:43pm
post #3 of 11

I bought these from Kopykake and the only way they are supported is if I purchase the $30 Ulead program.

jewelsq Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 12:18am
post #4 of 11

Kopykake offers a template for Ulead for all its sheets, which Rudy directed me to. It's buried a little deep in the tech support faqs, but I found it. I downloaded it and now I'm trying to figure out how to get it actually into Ulead. Now I'll go back to my usual spot...the forum SEARCH.

Ever have one of those days where you feel like you're chasing your tail?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 1:08am
post #5 of 11

I thought kopykake had their own software. I downloaded it sometime ago and it wasn't Ulead.

jewelsq Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 2:29am
post #6 of 11

Yes, but their software does not support the heart icing sheets so they sell Ulead.

I already have Ulead, but my version is too new (even though it only operates in Win9icon_cool.gif.

I will call tech support tomorrow and see if they can't help walk me through. Their tech support guy turns on his answering machine at 3 pm, Cali time. I am in NJ.

jewelsq Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 3:51am
post #7 of 11

Tiggy,
I have been playing with Edible Artist. My goal is to make 6 different 3" circles with photos of my neices for Valentine's. I start out as individual, but after I get the first circle made, I don't know what to do to make the other 5. Have you done this before?

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 12:22pm
post #8 of 11

I have Edible Artist, don't use it much. It looks like after you do one circle, you select the Background button, that brings up a menu which allows you to select the next circle to work with. Not too user friendly, but I think it will work for what you want to do.

Maybe others will chime in with an easier way.

jewelsq Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 2:05pm
post #9 of 11

Background is the key! Thank you so much! I will post what happens later today if I get the heart issue straightened out.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:39pm
post #10 of 11

You are welcome, glad I could help.

jewelsq Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:38pm
post #11 of 11

The issue with the heart frosting sheets is the VERSION of Ulead iphoto Express.

On the kopykake website, it explains you need Ulead to make the heart sheets work. I didn't buy it from them, because I have it. I have 3.0. The heart sheets only work with 1.0.

Kopykake customer service said they would be adding the version to their order line.

Anybody got a homemade template with directions they could share? Or any other ideas? I plan on getting 1.0 but am concerned that my printer won't work on the old computer. My new computer won't take the old software...

boy, oh boy. I wonder if icingimage's new software will work with the icing sheets. I've heard the new software was available with purchase from icingimages...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%