Flavour White Chocolate Bc With Lemon???

Baking By mckaren Updated 8 Feb 2010 , 2:48pm by mckaren

mckaren Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 5

I have a white chocolate bc recipe that I've recently discovered. It's fast and easy to make and work with and I've had rave reviews on the taste.

Someone has asked me for a vanilla cake with lemon bc and I'd like to use this recipe but I don't know if fresh lemon juice or a lemon flavouring will spoil it somehow?

I'm really short on cash and can't afford to start making batches to experiment with which is why I'm asking for help or advice from your experiences. Any help with be gratefully recieved.

my recipe is:

200g chocolate (dark, milk or white works - Belgian is better)
200g butter
200g icing (powdered) sugar

cream the butter, add the melted chocolate and then the icing sugar. If you use a hand whisk to mix in the sugar, there is enough mixture to stop the snow storm in the kitchen or the sugar in the beater attachment.

4 replies
JanH Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 10:52pm
post #2 of 5

Lemon juice isn't very concentrated, I'd use lemon extract. icon_smile.gif

HTH

mckaren Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 10:16am
post #3 of 5

Ahh, thank you. So it won't taste horrible with the white chocolate?

Right-ho, I feel a practise cake coming on this weekend!! icon_biggrin.gif

mckaren Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:47pm
post #4 of 5

Well I tried it and my god that extract is strong!! icon_eek.gif

It worked though, we couldn't taste the white chocolate, only lemon so I'm really pleased I don't have to do bc the difficult way icon_biggrin.gif

mckaren Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 5

Well I tried it and my god that extract is strong!! icon_eek.gif

It worked though, we couldn't taste the white chocolate, only lemon so I'm really pleased I don't have to do bc the difficult way icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%