Home Cake Decorating Parties

Business By letem_eat_cakes Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 7:15pm by cakesdivine

letem_eat_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letem_eat_cakes Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 7

Okay, my sister in law found an ad on craigslist about this and i am not sure about it yet. has anyone heard or been involved in this.

icingonthecakehomeparties.com

It sounds good but i am not sure. any opinions or ideas or anything would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Alicia

6 replies
letem_eat_cakes Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 4:33am
post #2 of 7

anybody?

Odyssey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Odyssey Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 5:14am
post #3 of 7

I've never heard of anything like that. I take the Wilton classes, but that's as close as I've come. Honestly it sounds like a pyramid scheme to me. IE you pay for training and supplies to become an "instructor" then you get to host these parties, take some cash home, and send a portion of the profit back to pay your "dues" to the business owner. There is money to be made in cake decorating and even in teaching decorating, but I wouldn't go with this one myself.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 7

I offer home cake decorating parties and have done several. I don't push it, they might see it on my website and like the idea and then book it. Never heard of the one you spoke of; wonder if the owner is a CC member.

cakesdivine Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 2:41pm
post #5 of 7

Just went to their website. Why would I want to go through them when I can do this myself, and make more money than what they are offering. It bothers me when people advertise that no experience necessary to become an instructor, we will provide an instructional dvd...

Same sort of thing happens in the dance world. Idiots who think ANYONE can teach dance. You have to have a natural talent for anything in the arts, and cake decorating is an art! Not everyone can do it.

Oh and did you notice that all the cakes on her site are rip offs from Wilton or Print Shop stock photos. If she has done as many cakes as she has claimed, where are her photos?

letem_eat_cakes Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 4:36pm
post #6 of 7

I agree. I just wanted to get some additional insight. I have been thinking of doing something like this around here but this just looked to "hokey" or something. plus i can make more doing it myself as cakesdivine said.

Thanks for you inputs.

cakesdivine Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:15pm
post #7 of 7

Just sent you a PM letem_eat_cakes icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%