Any High Ratio Shortening In Charlotte Nc? Help

Decorating By crazyladybaker Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 1:03am by JustToEatCake

crazyladybaker Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 3

I know there is a slim chance I will get an answer but it's worth a try. I need some high ratio shortening and need it within the next couple of days.
I know I can order it online but thought I might have some luck with someone in the area.

I can't seem to find any bakery/restaurant supply stores in Charlotte. After striking out there I started calling bakeries to see if they use it and where they got it. Two didn't use it, one did use it but orders on line and one said she had never heard of it.
The one that said she hadn't heard of it is the bakery owner. So...is high ratio something that isn't widely used? I am curious now..

Anyway, any suggestions on finding a local supplier? I can make my cake without it but would rather not
Thanks! icon_sad.gif

2 replies
erinalicia Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 3

good luck! if you get an answer, I'd love to know myself. There aren't any really good cake/baking supply stores in the Charlotte area that I know of. I've driven 2 1/2 hours to go to Clayton to the cake supply store there, but they don't have high ratio shortening that I know of. They do carry Satin Ice fondant, but it's still cheaper for me to order it online from Jester's, especially after their markup and the full tank of gas it costs to go up there.

JustToEatCake Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 1:03am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinalicia

good luck! if you get an answer, I'd love to know myself. There aren't any really good cake/baking supply stores in the Charlotte area that I know of. I've driven 2 1/2 hours to go to Clayton to the cake supply store there, but they don't have high ratio shortening that I know of. They do carry fondant, but it's still cheaper for me to order it online from Jester's, especially after their markup and the full tank of gas it costs to go up there.

They do carry some kind of high ratio shortening but it wasn't Sweetex so I don't remember what it was.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%