Need Help Fast !!!! Edible Image???

Decorating By lilscakes Updated 4 Feb 2010 , 8:16pm by cheeseball

lilscakes Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a cake that is due in 3 hrs. .....I'm using an edible image I had printed at our local grocery bakery. I've never used one before and need to know what I need to do with the cake to prepare it so the image "stays". It's going on a buttercream covered cake. Would appreciate any tips you can offer....fast :-} Do I let the buttercream crust or do I have to put gel on it or something else? Thanks in advance!!!

2 replies
justsweet Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 3

I have used them before, I just ice my ice make sure I like. Then set the image where you want. The image is made out of rice paper and will adhere to the frosting. Then finish decorating

But once you put it down you may not be able to move it. Be careful when you pull the backing of the image too.

I hope this help.

cheeseball Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 3

I thought they were peel and stick but I went to make sure: Simply loosen the edible image design from its backing sheet by gently rolling it over the edge of a table or counter. Then carefully peel the edible image away from its backing sheet, position and place where desired on your cake. Gently smooth the edges with your fingertips as needed. When placed on food, edible images absorb moisture and become soft, blending in seamlessly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%