Tier Sizes To Serve 120

Decorating By dchockeyguy Updated 4 Feb 2010 , 6:57pm by TexasSugar

dchockeyguy Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 2

I've looked at Wilton's site for sizes for wedding cake servings, but I'm having a hard time coming up with a size for 120 people. This is for a wedding cake, so I can't count the 6" top tier, as they'll have that on their anniversary.

The bride has requested a square cake (gah, I hate covering sqare cakes in fondant. I mean, I can do it, but it takes me awhile, anyway, I digress...). So what sizes would you suggest? I had thought doing 12-10-8, but that's way more than 120. So then I thought maybe 14-10-6, but that's also a fair amount more.

Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

1 reply
TexasSugar Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 2

Sometimes you can not get an exact amount of cake that they are asking for. I would ask them about the topper, personally. I've had people save and people serve it.

If you do the 6, 8, 10 and 12 that gives them 154 plus the top layer. If you go with the 6, 10, 14 that is 148 servings.

I would tell them the two different sizes, how much they serve and the price for the full servings that those cakes yield, they can then decide if they want the 148 servings or the 154.

You can't shave off servings or cake just to get the exact number they want. If they want closer to that number, then tell them you can do round cakes. They have the choice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%